We’re excited to be leasing for the 2017-2018 school year! There’s still time to renew your lease for next year, so please contact the office if you would like more information. We also have some fun events planned this month that you’re sure to enjoy! It’s our goal to make your experience here at Hannah Lofts one you’ll remember. Contact the leasing office to find out more and, as always, please let us know if we can do anything to make your stay at Hannah Lofts more enjoyable. Go green!
You can put in work orders online 24/7 at www. liveathannah.com. Please remember to call the office for a maintenance emergency.
Please remember to keep our community clean and properly dispose of your trash in the designated trash receptacles. You will be fined if you fail to do so. Also, don’t forget to visit our pet stations to properly dispose of pet waste. We have installed turf in the courtyard by the hot tub, so be sure to not take your pet out to the bathroom there. If you leave trash on your doorstep or outside the trash compactor rooms, you will be fined!
Reminders & Updates
- Just a reminder that the leasing office is open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Friday from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., and noon-4:00 p.m. on the weekends. The campus shuttle runs throughout the semester from 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on Friday. The shuttle also runs Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 10:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m. up to Grand River. It leaves at the five-minute mark of each half hour (e.g., 7:05, 7:35, etc.).
Our office will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday Thursday – Saturday. We will resume normal hours on Sunday, November 27th at 12pm. If you need emergency maintenance assistance, please call 517.333.7730.
Learn. Celebrate. Observe. Grow.
The month of December marks a number of religious and cultural holidays. During this season, we encourage you to learn more about your friends and neighbors as we celebrate the differences that make us unique and the similarities that bring us together in our communities.
- December 8 is Bodhi Day. This Buddhist holiday commemorates the day the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, reached enlightenment under the Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya, India.
- December 12 is Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe. This day honors the belief that Jesus’ mother Mary appeared to a man in Mexico City in 1531.
- December 12 is also the Prophet’s Birthday, or Mawlid as it is commonly known in Muslim culture. The day celebrates the birth of the prophet, Muhammad.
- December 16–24 is Las Posadas. During this nine-day celebration — celebrated chiefly in Mexico, Guatemala, and the southwestern United States — the trials Mary and Joseph endured during their journey to Bethlehem are reenacted.
- December 21 is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Worldwide, this has been recognized in various ways across cultures, including many focused on rebirth and renewal.
- December 24–January 1 is Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights. This eight-day Jewish holiday is observed by lighting candles on a menorah, one for each day of the festival.
- December 25 is Christmas, an important holiday in the Christian religion representing the birth of Jesus Christ. It is traditionally celebrated with gift giving and candle lighting.
- December 26–January 1 is Kwanzaa, a weeklong African-American celebration started by Maulana Karenga in 1966 to celebrate universal African heritage in African-American culture. It is observed by lighting candles each day to represent each of the holiday’s seven core principles, culminating in a feast and gift giving.
We wish each of you a wonderful month and an enjoyable winter break!
Community Event Calendar
- December Birthday Celebration — Treat yourself!
- Hot Chocolate Bar — Warm up with some hot cocoa topped with your favorite treats!
- Cookie Decorating — Get in the festive spirit with homemade cookies.
- Stocking Decorating — Decorate a stocking to hang by your fireplace.
Make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat to keep up to date on all our events.