We’re excited to be leasing for the 2017–2018 school year! There’s still time to renew your lease for next year, but the last day to guarantee your same apartment will be February 28, 2017. Please contact the office if you would like more information. We also have fun events planned to show our appreciation for our residents. It’s our goal to make your experience here at Hannah Lofts one you’ll remember. Contact the leasing office to find out more and, as always, please let us know if we can do anything to make your stay at Hannah Lofts more enjoyable. Go green!
- You can put in work orders online 24/7 at www.liveathannah.com. Please remember to call the office for a maintenance emergency.
- Please remember to keep our community clean and properly dispose of your trash in the designated trash receptacles. You will be fined if you fail to do so. Also, don’t forget to visit our pet stations to properly dispose of pet waste. We have installed turf in the courtyard by the hot tub, so be sure to not take your pet out for the bathroom there.If you leave trash on your doorstep or outside the trash compactor rooms, you will be fined! Friendly reminder: Only park in your assigned area or else you may be fined or even towed!
- If you are away for an extended period of time, please keep your heat on and set to no lower than 60 degrees. This will prevent the pipes from freezing and causing damage.
Reminders & Updates
- Don’t forget: Rent is due on the 1st of the month! Late fees begin to apply the morning of the 5th if rent has not been paid. If you are not here to pay, you can always make a payment online at liveathannah.com.
- Just a reminder that the leasing office is open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., Friday from 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., and from noon–4:00 p.m. on the weekends. The campus shuttle runs throughout the semester from 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. on Friday. The shuttle also runs Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 10:00 p.m.–2:00 a.m. up to Grand River. It leaves at the five-minute mark of each half-hour (e.g., 7:05, 7:35, etc.).
- If you have an emergency maintenance request or have been locked out of your apartment after office hours, please call the after-hours number at (517) 333-7730.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Community Event Calendar
Please join us for the following events in February:
- February Birthday Celebration — Treat yourself!
- The Big Game Watch Party — Cheer on your team!
- Valentine’s Day Celebration — Happy V Day!
- Free Food Friday — Give us a review and we’ll feed you!
Make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat to keep up to date on all our events.